Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hard Candy with DJ Skully


LittleBook: Why and How did you become a DJ @ Pirate cat Radio??

Bassy Stacy: I became a Pirate Cat DJ because I had a metal show before on the Fox radio station in Santa Rosa called the mosh pit. I love music. All kinds. I fortunately grew up with metal.

LB: What's your most memorable moment as DJ??

BS: My Most memorable moments would be when I interviewed Jason Gellis (Suburban Death Camp & WarKrime) cause he is so witty. Also, when I interviewed Dave Brokie (singer of Gwar) he is so funny.


LB: Favorite pre / post show; food, indulgence or ritual??

BS: I guess my ritual would be to make sure everything is in place & then thank Slayer!


LB: What do you drink during the show??

BS: Beer & water :)


LB: What’s the hardest thing about being at an underground radio station??

BS: The hardest thing would be that the record company's & some bands don't take you seriously yet. Also, you have to pay dues & work hard to get bands on the air.



LB: What's the best thing about being at an underground radio station??

BS: The best thing would be that you can say & do pretty much whatever you want. Pretty much....


LB: What do you want people to know about your show, what are you doing next??

BS: I want people to know that my show is about hard music & will always be different & entertaining. I am not a professional fake dj. I am real. I am having fun. Next I am hoping to get more live bands in the studio. Has to be acoustic which metal bands can do if they tried.


LB: How can people listen to your show??

BS: People can listen to my show Sunday's 3pm to 5pm pacific time in S.F, some parts of L.A. & Berlin. Also, online @ www. piratecatradio. com & on iTunes.


LB: Favorite San Francisco Band or a memorable show??

BS: My favorite S.F. band right now is actually Saros. My favorite show would be when some members of Destroyer (kiss tribute band) played live.


LB: Favorite venue to see a show in SF??

BS: My favorite venue to see a show in S.F. is The Great American Music Hall. I've played there too.


LB: You also play music too, right??

BS: Yes, I play bass, and work on my own stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment